The European Week of Regions and Cities will again bring together some 6000 regional representatives and experts in Brussels from 6-9 October.
We’ll be hosting a couple of hundred journalists from across the EU at the event, which includes a specially designed media programme. Given the strong focus on the use of statistics to report about European regions and EU Cohesion Policy, we will be extending a special invitation this year to a limited number of data journalists.
Highlights of the event for data journalists include sessions on:
- “Finding and understanding regional data”
- The EU’s brand new Cohesion Policy open data platform (details of how EU funds are spent, and the results achieved)
- Briefing by the Commission on its recent Sixth Report on Economic, Social and Territorial Cohesion
- Launch of the Eurostat Regional Yearbook 2013
- Presentation by the OECD of their Regional Outlook
- Workshop on Open Data and EU Cohesion Policy
Are you a data journalist? Would you be interested to attend the European Week of Regions and Cities and to report about EU regions and EU Cohesion Policy using the extensive data that we will be making available? If so, please use the comment box below to tell me a bit about your work and how we can contact you.